A WordPress website is a website that is built using WordPress, which is a popular and widely used content management system (CMS). WordPress is a powerful and flexible platform that powers more than 42.4% of all internet sites. Websites designed with WordPress offer many advantages over other website design platforms. See below for more details.
SMG are specialist in WordPress Website Design. Here are some key points about WordPress websites:
- Content Management System (CMS): WordPress is primarily known as a CMS, which enables users to create, edit, and manage the content of their websites easily. This includes adding or updating text, images, videos, and other media elements.
- Open-Source Software: WordPress is open-source software that is freely available for anyone to use, modify, and distribute. This open-source nature is extremely user-friendly and is our preferred content management system.
- Plugins and Functionality: WordPress allows users to extend the functionality of their websites through plugins. Plugins are add-ons that can be installed to enhance the features and capabilities of a WordPress site. Thousands of plugins are available for various purposes, such as e-commerce, SEO optimisation, security, contact forms, and more.
- Blogging Platform: Originally, WordPress started as a blogging platform, and it is still a popular choice for bloggers. Its intuitive blogging features make publishing and organising blog posts easy.
- SEO-Friendly: WordPress is designed with SEO best practices in mind, making it easier for websites to rank well in search engine results. It generates SEO-friendly URLs, allows easy metadata management, and supports various SEO plugins to improve optimisation further.
- User Management: WordPress provides built-in user management capabilities, allowing multiple users to collaborate with different roles and permissions on the website.
- Regular Updates and Community Support: WordPress is continuously updated and improved by its developer community to enhance security and add new features. Additionally, there is an active support community where users can find help, tutorials, and resources.
Many older websites were not made using WordPress, and as a result, many business owners are left with websites that cannot be easily updated and have low visibility. WordPress was unavailable back then, but since its arrival, it has become the Go-To CMS for designers and developers. If your website wasn’t made with WordPress, it’s definitely time for an upgrade.