Welcome to the SMG’s Troubleshooting Guide for website hosting, domain name registration, and connectivity problems. In this guide, we will address common issues related to email, website, and internet connectivity and provide solutions to help you get back on track. If you are encountering any difficulties, following these step-by-step instructions may help resolve the problem. Should you still have a problem after trying all these solutions, please contact SMG’s Support Team.
Email Not Working?
If you’re facing issues with your email services, follow these steps to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:
- Check your Internet is Connected: Ensure that your Internet connection is active and stable. Verify that you can browse other websites and access other online services. For example, try doing a Google Search for another website
- Restart Your Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Reboot your computer and try accessing your email again.
- Try a different computer or device: To rule out device-specific issues, attempt to access your email from another computer or device. This can help pinpoint whether the problem is with your device or your email account.
- Check you have paid your Internet Provider account: Ensure that your Internet service provider (e.g., BigPond, Optus, Telstra) account is in good standing. Unpaid bills can lead to disruptions in internet services.
- Make sure your login details are correct: Double-check your email account credentials, including your username and password. Typos or incorrect settings can prevent access.
- Change Your Password if you think your emails are compromised: If you suspect unauthorised access to your email account, change your password immediately for security reasons.
Website Not Working?
If your website is not functioning as expected, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Use www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com to check if your website is down for everyone or just you. This helps identify if the issue is with your website or a broader problem.
- Check you have paid your Domain Registration/Renewal: Ensure that your domain registration is up to date. Failure to renew your domain can result in website unavailability.
- Check you have paid your Website Hosting account: Verify that your Website Hosting account is paid and active. Unpaid hosting fees can lead to website suspension.
- If you can’t see recent updates, try clearing the cache: When viewing your website, hold down “Ctrl + F5” to refresh your browser’s cache. This ensures you are viewing the latest version of your site.
- If you are using Outlook, try restarting the software: If you use Outlook for email, try restarting the application by exiting and then reloading it. This can resolve synchronisation issues.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can resolve common issues related to website hosting, domain name registration, email, and internet connectivity.
When All Else Fails
If you have followed the above troubleshooting steps and still encounter problems with your email or website, SMG’s support team is here to assist you.
- Submit a support ticket: Visit SMG Support to submit a support ticket. Our team will assist you in resolving the issue promptly.
- Contact SMG Direct: If you have no internet access or require immediate assistance, contact SMG Direct at 07 3341 7224 for 24/7 support.